Taco Fries

We have this wonderful little summer-time restaurant where I live called “The Ice Cream Hut”. It’s a small privately owned business that is only open spring, summer & fall and has great burgers, fries & ice cream. My Mom has found a recipe that is very similar to the taco fries that we can get at “The Hut”. I hope your family enjoys this cheesy, spicy way to have their fries as much as ours do! :)

6 Responses to Taco Fries

1. Anonymous March 19, 2008 at 8:00 pm #

Mmmm, I made these fries just a couple of weeks ago, after seeing the recipe on Primmart.
    We have a drive in here open the same time as yours, ours is called Agassiz and they are known for their honey dill sauce with french fries….yummmmmm I can hardly wait until they open on April 1st. :)

2. TerryLynnL March 19, 2008 at 8:23 pm #

Oh man, those look delicious! I bet they taste great too. I’ll have to try this recipe for Ian.

3. shweetpotato March 21, 2008 at 7:56 pm #

omgosh what are you doing? Are you trying to get me even FATTER lmbo I MUST try these now hehe, I know hubby will LOVE EM, gotta put some stuff on my shopping list :D Carm

4. karen January 19, 2010 at 5:46 am #

Just wanted you to know that this is one of the recipes I plan on making for Book of Yum's Adopt A Gluten Free Blogger event for January! I showed my 3 1/2 year old a bunch of different pictures and this was the first one he picked out :)

5. Jeanine January 19, 2010 at 10:42 am #

Karen, so glad that your boy is interested in this recipe! Who doesn't like french fries smoothered in cheese & taco beef?? :) Since those are things you can't order when eating out because of the fear of cross contamination & flour in the gravy, it's nice to have these treats at home occasionally.

6. Anonymous April 15, 2010 at 8:21 am #

I made these recently using your recipe. I found it didn't have the smothering effect like at the hut, so I mixed it with a GF beef gravy and it was perfect! Thanks for the recipe!