Veggie Chowder

This is another favorite at our house. We’ve been making it for years already, and the kids just gobble it up! Perfect for a nice cool (or in our case, COLD) night.

8 Responses to Veggie Chowder

1. Sandra ;) March 8, 2008 at 12:04 am #

I think I’ll try this recipe tomorrow – I’ll call it Blizzard Soup, as the worst of the blizzard is supposed to hit the Toronto area tomorrow :)

It’s great to find a recipe that looks good, and calls for everyday ingredients that I just happen to have on hand (like those oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, haha).

Sandra :)

2. Jeanine March 8, 2008 at 6:48 am #

Great idea, Sandra! Soup, cookies & maybe some biscuits, and you’ve got the perfect blizzard survival meal! :) Hope the storm doesn’t hit you too hard!

3. Dawn March 8, 2008 at 9:15 am #

I agree, that would be perfect on a cold blustery day! That looks yummy Jeanine! :) We should get together and cook together!!!!

4. Sandra ;) March 8, 2008 at 4:30 pm #

The chowder was a HUGE hit. We had fresh buns, havarti cheese, sliced meats (ham, roast beef and summer sausage), plus the chowder and – of course – oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, lol. I think it would be great with biscuits (I love making them) – I’m sending some of the leftover chowder with my son for his lunch @ work on Monday, so I’ll make some biscuits to go with it. He’ll LOVE it.

We’re getting quite a bit of snow and it’s pretty windy, but it certainly isn’t the storm of the century (so far?). I know Manitoba knows what REAL weather is like – not this wimpy Ontario weather we get here, LOL.

When you two get together to cook I hope you’ll post some pictures!!

Sandr a:)

5. Susan March 12, 2008 at 9:03 pm #

Good soup–warm and filling. Forgot to add the potatoes-oops-just cook separately and add to soup.

6. Kindra March 25, 2008 at 2:46 pm #

My family loved this soup! My 4 year old gobbled it up!

7. JL September 23, 2011 at 2:25 pm #

This recipe sounds delicious! Approx. how much milk do you add? I’m one of those follow the recipe to the T kind of girls!!! Can’t wait to try this :)

8. weighing scales September 1, 2014 at 9:23 pm #

I’ve found ways to make due with what’s available in hotel rooms and city parks,
    and plenty of new ways to add more resistance in my exercises.
    The problem is, more often than not, most people have read about, searched and even pondered on what they think or believe happiness is…
    It appears that many of us have pretty much accepted to some extent “What happiness is. Health and fitness are more important for most of us than the beauty standards that society imposes upon us.