Veggie Chowder

This is another favorite at our house. We’ve been making it for years already, and the kids just gobble it up! Perfect for a nice cool (or in our case, COLD) night.

7 Responses to Veggie Chowder

1. Sandra ;) March 8, 2008 at 12:04 am #

I think I’ll try this recipe tomorrow – I’ll call it Blizzard Soup, as the worst of the blizzard is supposed to hit the Toronto area tomorrow :)

It’s great to find a recipe that looks good, and calls for everyday ingredients that I just happen to have on hand (like those oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, haha).

Sandra :)

2. Jeanine March 8, 2008 at 6:48 am #

Great idea, Sandra! Soup, cookies & maybe some biscuits, and you’ve got the perfect blizzard survival meal! :) Hope the storm doesn’t hit you too hard!

3. Dawn March 8, 2008 at 9:15 am #

I agree, that would be perfect on a cold blustery day! That looks yummy Jeanine! :) We should get together and cook together!!!!

4. Sandra ;) March 8, 2008 at 4:30 pm #

The chowder was a HUGE hit. We had fresh buns, havarti cheese, sliced meats (ham, roast beef and summer sausage), plus the chowder and – of course – oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, lol. I think it would be great with biscuits (I love making them) – I’m sending some of the leftover chowder with my son for his lunch @ work on Monday, so I’ll make some biscuits to go with it. He’ll LOVE it.

We’re getting quite a bit of snow and it’s pretty windy, but it certainly isn’t the storm of the century (so far?). I know Manitoba knows what REAL weather is like – not this wimpy Ontario weather we get here, LOL.

When you two get together to cook I hope you’ll post some pictures!!

Sandr a:)

5. Susan March 12, 2008 at 9:03 pm #

Good soup–warm and filling. Forgot to add the potatoes-oops-just cook separately and add to soup.

6. Kindra March 25, 2008 at 2:46 pm #

My family loved this soup! My 4 year old gobbled it up!

7. JL September 23, 2011 at 2:25 pm #

This recipe sounds delicious! Approx. how much milk do you add? I’m one of those follow the recipe to the T kind of girls!!! Can’t wait to try this :)