1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup red onions, chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
4 (4-6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat, add onion and saute 5 minutes.
2. Sprinkle thyme and 1/4 tsp salt over chicken.
3. Add chicken to pan; saute 6 minutes on each side.
4. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
5. Reduce heat to medium, add 1/4 tsp salt, preserves, vinegar, and pepper to pan, stirring until preserves melt.
6. To Serve spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately. OR Return chicken to pan and coat chicken evenly, serve immediately.
NOTE: Other fruit preserves, such as apricot, blackberry, or peach will also work in this recipe.