This rice pilaf was simple, full of flavour & makes a great side dish.
2 cups long grain rice
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup butter
4 cups gluten-free chicken broth
2 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce
1 teaspoon oregano
3/4 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 cup toasted, sliced almonds
1. In skillet, saute rice, celery, and onion in butter until the rice is browned.
2. Place in a greased 2 quart casserole.
3. Combine all remaining ingredients; pour over rice.
4. Cover and bake at 325F degrees for 50 minutes or until rice is done.
5. Top with toasted, sliced almonds.