This was our supper tonight. I am blogging about this right away for Colleen. I have been putting off trying the BBQ Chicken pizza for years already. The idea of having BBQ sauce as the pizza sauce always scared me. I am no longer afraid. I had this for supper tonight, and LOVED it! We all loved it! Hubby kept saying over and over how great it was. The kids were telling me how great it was. It was a successful supper!
Premade pizza crust, or your favorite pizza dough
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 chicken breasts, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/2-3/4 cup of your favorite chicken BBQ sauce
3-4 cups fresh grated mozzarella cheese (Gouda would be great too!)
2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
1/2 cup cut up green pepper (I was out of pepper, so mine didn’t have it)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Pre-bake your pizza crust until lightly browned. Remove from oven & set aside.
3. In large frying pan, heat olive oil. Add diced chicken breast. Fry until nearly dry. Add diced onion. Fry until chicken is dry and onions are cooked. Add 1/4 cup BBQ sauce to flavour your chicken.
4. Spread remaining BBQ sauce on your pre-baked crust. Top with the fried chicken, mozzarella cheese, cilantro & green pepper.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.
NOTE: I am not a fan of crunchy onions (it’s a texture thing), but if you don’t mind it, you could cut up the red onions & just put them on the pizza at the same time you do the chicken, instead of frying them with the chicken.