This dish was fantastic! If you’re having company over for breakfast or brunch, this casserole is the one to make. It can be prepared the day before, cutting down on prep time in the morning. It has everything in it, and we really enjoyed it topped with some salsa.
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1 small sweet onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
2-3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 (24 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
12 eggs, beaten
1/2 lb cubed ham or thin sliced ham or cooked crumbled bacon or sausage
3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Melt margarine and place in the bottom of 9″ by 13″ baking pan.
2. Spread potatoes (still frozen is okay) in bottom of the pan.
3. Sprinkle chopped vegetables over potatoes.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Sprinkle meat over potatoes and vegetables.
Note: At this point you may continue or casserole may be refrigerated overnight.
6. Pour beaten eggs over potatoes.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
9. Bake another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
10. Remove from oven and let set for approximately 5 minutes.
11. Cut into 2.5″-3″ squares and serve with a spatula. Enjoy.