Simple Gluten Free Danish

These simple danishes were SO yummy, and they were super quick to make as well. They do not have the same flaky texture as a regular danish does, but they were great for a family breakfast outside on the deck. Wonderful. (and gluten free too!)

7 Responses to Simple Gluten Free Danish

1. Susan June 24, 2008 at 6:14 pm #

They do look very good…good for breakfast dinner or supper…

• Roxanne February 28, 2014 at 2:28 pm #

Just tried these. They came out very light and fluffy. Pretty good. Not like a danish as said but still yummy, Thanks!

2. Carrie June 24, 2008 at 10:16 pm #

i love easy and simple GF recipes! This looks great!! I love that it just uses simple and easy to find GF ingredients! For quick potato starch, I just grind up a box of pure instant potato flakes in my blender! Works like a charm — and is much cheaper than potato starch (but it’s the SAME thing!) these look really great! I have some apricot jam I need to use up too!

3. Jeanine June 24, 2008 at 10:21 pm #

Carrie, I had no idea about the potato starch thing! Cool! Is that like instant potatoes? I know mine that I have on hand now have gluten in them, so I haven’t used them for anything.
    These were so yummy, I’m tempted to make them again…maybe I will… ;)

4. Dawn June 25, 2008 at 8:09 am #

Yumm, those look good!

5. Carrie June 25, 2008 at 3:27 pm #

J – Yes, the instant potatoes I buy from my local grocery store do not contain gluten, so I grind them up and use them for potato starch flour!! great stuff! just not good on blood sugar!

6. Jill Brock March 2, 2014 at 9:44 am #

This is such a delightful recipe. I did melt the shortening before adding it. I was afraid it would be difficult to work in otherwise. They came out perfectly, and my whole family loved them. Thank you, once again!