Fresh Crustless Strawberry Pie

Being diagnosed with celiac disease not that long ago, I’ve been on the look out for recipes that are naturally gluten free. Not something that I have to convert over to gluten-free, or figure out which additives will be necessary to make this dough behave the way regular, gluten-filled doughs would. I’ve found some great desserts like the Mocha Mousse Torte, the Over the Top Peanut Butter Brownies, and the Merry Meringues. And who could forget the Flourless Chocolate Cake that REFUSED to release from the baking pan, and therefore got made into a beautiful looking trifle.

I enjoy finding desserts that anyone can enjoy, and anyone can prepare, whether they are cooking gluten-free or not. That being said, I’d like to add this Crustless Strawberry Pie to the collection of celiac friendly desserts.

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea how you are supposed to get the pie out in a slice, as it is sort of a creamy, smooth Jello encasing strawberries in a pie plate. It looks great whole, but to cut it and get it out in a slice, I think may be near impossible. If you wanted to make this a regular old pie, putting this filling in a pie crust or graham wafer crust would make it possible to remove from the pie plate no problem. The flavour of this pie was really good. Much creamier than we expected, and very berry. Plus, it is super low in fat. The entire pie (without whipped cream) is a mere 6 Weight Watchers Points. So, you only have to share it with friends if you want to. :)

8 Responses to Fresh Crustless Strawberry Pie

1. Susan July 27, 2008 at 8:33 am #

Yummy..makes me want some more strawberries

2. ICook4Fun July 27, 2008 at 9:26 am #

Dawn, thanks for stopping by at my blog. You have such wonderful recipe and beautiful photos here. I already bookmarks a few to try out. Thanks. Do you mind if I link you to my blog?

3. Jeanine July 27, 2008 at 9:38 am #

Good morning! It was me, Jeanine, that stopped by your blog. :) I love the variety that you have on your blog. I’m glad that you’ve found a few things to try. I don’t mind at all if you like to our blog. :) Thanks for stopping by!

4. E for KC July 27, 2008 at 4:21 pm #

Hi Baking Beauties! I’ve loving this strawberry pie. My least favorite part of pie is usually the crust (I know that makes me a bit strange), and I usually head straight for the tasty middle. No need to do that here!

5. Kevin July 27, 2008 at 6:44 pm #

That pie looks so good! I like that I has not crust as I still haven’t mastered pie crusts yet.

6. noobcook July 28, 2008 at 1:47 am #

This looks beautiful & delicious! Yum yum …

Thanks for commenting on my blog … glad I love your delicious site :D

7. Jj July 28, 2008 at 10:39 am #

Oh this looks SO good! I like to find things w/o crusts because first I’m terrible at crusts but second, the excess calories and fat. I think I’ll try this but put it in little individual serving dishes like my custard cups or something. Then we can just spoon and eat! Thanks for a great share!

8. Jeanine July 28, 2008 at 11:46 am #

JJ – I LOVE the idea of the individual servings! That would be perfect for this dessert! Great thinking! :)