Fresh Fruit Trifle

These fresh fruit trifles have become an expected dessert when either my Mom or I are invited to a get together. You can use any flavour of cake or pudding, as well as any fresh fruit that is in season. It is simply a layered dessert with cake (can be made from a cake mix, making it super simple), pudding (can also be made from a packet), whipped cream (you could use Cool Whip), and any fresh fruit you have on hand. This dessert is best made up to a day ahead, so that the cake has a chance to get moister from the pudding & whipped cream topping.

13 Responses to Fresh Fruit Trifle

1. Susan July 20, 2008 at 9:59 am #

It really was as good as it looks…

2. HoneyB July 20, 2008 at 7:12 pm #

This trifle looks absolutely wonderful! Thanks for visiting my blog!

3. Alanna @ Kitchen Parade July 21, 2008 at 8:03 am #

Absolutely beautiful! I’ve only done trifle at Christmas, so wintery versions. Clearly, my big mistake!

4. Natasha July 21, 2008 at 9:21 am #

I’m not much of a baker, so I’ve been toying with the idea of experimenting with trifle as it seems like an easy yet tasty way out for dessert. I’ll definitely try making this one!

5. Jeanine July 21, 2008 at 9:44 am #

HoneyB, the pleasure was all mine! I love visiting your blog and seeing what you're cookin' for Grumpy. :)

Alanna, you have DEFINITELY got to take advantage of the fresh fruit in summer and give a fruit trifle a try, it's so yummy! Like having cake & a fruit salad all at once.

Natasha, if you can bake a cake from a boxed cake mix, you can do a trifle! It is that simple!

6. Jamie July 21, 2008 at 8:27 pm #

Your trifle looks delicious! Thanks for stopping by my site…your is great!

7. Y July 22, 2008 at 6:59 pm #

Amazing trifle! Must’ve been a tour de force to get through it all though.. it looks massive!

8. Jeanine July 22, 2008 at 7:03 pm #

Jamie – Thank you, I enjoyed your site as well. :)

Y – That is one large glass pail that I make my trifle in, but it was brought to a family gathering, and it never lasts long there!

9. Bronwyn July 23, 2008 at 8:30 am #

Wow, that’s colossal! Does everyone just get to dig in with spoons? Seems like the easiest thing to do :). And it’s very beautiful on top, too. Thanks for checking out my blog! Looks like you’ve got a lot of fun recipes to try here! I’ll be back ;).

10. Jeanine July 23, 2008 at 9:42 am #

LOL, Bronwyn, nope, we do all scoop a good sized helping onto our own plates though. Although, I do like the idea of everyone just digging in, would cut down on the need for dessert plates! :)

1. Gluten Free Caramel Apple Trifle | The Baking Beauties - November 3, 2011

[...] bring dessert to a gathering of friends or family, we enjoy bringing a trifle. Usually I stick to a Fresh Fruit Trifle, using a variety of in season fruit, or a sinfully-delicious Chocolate-Chocolate Trifle. However, [...]

2. Gluten Free Caramel Apple Trifle | Daily News, Daily Trends, Daily Topics, Celebrity, Sports,Travel and Gossip - November 12, 2011

[...] bringing a trifle. usually I stick to a Fresh Fruit Trifle, using a variety of in season fruit, or a sinfully-delicious [...]

3. Gluten Free Paska Rolls (aka Sunshine Rolls) | The Baking Beauties - April 5, 2012

[...] Fresh Fruit Trifle This entry was posted in Breads, Yeast Bread. Bookmark the permalink. ← Toss Your Toaster thanks to Kinnikinnick Foods [...]