Homemade ‘Magic Shell’ Ice Cream Topping

Why pay the high prices at the grocery store when you can make your own hardening chocolate ice cream topping at home. It only takes a few minutes, with ingredients that you already have on hand. A nice little treat for those hot summer nights. This amount made enough to top 4 ice creams for my family, with a wee bit left over. If you do not use it all right away, you can store it in a microwave safe container and carefully reheat it another time.

11 Responses to Homemade ‘Magic Shell’ Ice Cream Topping

1. Jaime July 9, 2008 at 7:56 pm #

OMG! i had no idea it was so easy! you.are.my.hero ;)

2. Jeanine July 9, 2008 at 9:08 pm #

Sometimes simple is good, eh? :) I couldn’t believe how easy this was either. I used Milk Chocolate chips, and to me, it tasted just like the stuff you pay big bucks for at the grocery store. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed! :)

3. Susan July 9, 2008 at 10:54 pm #

I’m going to try that one..don’t always have it at home and this is so easy to make. Thanks Jeanine..you can come for ice cream anytime :-}

4. Colleen July 10, 2008 at 6:59 am #

Two ingredients?! Now THAT’S wonderful! We’ll be trying this one soon.

Glad to hear you finally got to pick your strawberries, Jeanine! I can’t wait to see what you do with them…

Send some of that cool air our way! We’re melting!

5. Dawn July 10, 2008 at 9:07 am #

After I stock up on ice cream today, I’ll be making this. Although I’m confused when you say if you have any leftover to store it in the fridge. It’s chocolate, why would you have leftovers? You can NEVER have enough chocolate! lol We’ll definately have to get together for ice cream over the summer Jeanine, and maybe a little bit of shopping too ;)

6. Stephanie July 10, 2008 at 9:39 am #

My family THANKS you for this wonderful recipe! I thank you too for saving my lots and lots of $$$ !

This is great!
    Have a good Thursday,
    Stephanie

7. Kevin July 10, 2008 at 7:41 pm #

That sounds simple and looks really good.

8. katskitchen July 11, 2008 at 8:49 am #

Love it, butter and chocolate. Mmmm…

9. Theresa P. February 26, 2011 at 9:34 pm #

WOW!!!!!!!!!! I am amazed!!!! you are a wizzard in the kitchen. i have surfed alot of sites and you see alot of the same recipes. but yours is different. my hand is cramping from writting down recipes that i want to try from your site. like i said before this is my first time to your site. I like what i see i will be back. Thanks,for the great sounding recipes. Theresa P.

10. Jeanine March 1, 2011 at 8:18 pm #

@Theresa P. Thanks, Theresa! I'm glad that you found me then. :) With over 300 recipes here, I'm sure you'll find a few to keep you busy.

11. Eliana August 16, 2011 at 2:09 pm #

Looks like the perfect way to make homemade ice cream extra special