Black Bean and Corn Salad

I have been playing around with different salads this summer. They are great because they can be made ahead, which makes them great to take to a barbecue or even camping. I’ve never really had a black bean salad before, but decided to give it a try this summer. I tried one recipe, and was terribly disappointed. The search continued. Then I came across this recipe. It included a lot of different veggies, which had me thinking that this would be the recipe for me. I was right! It is packed with fiber and flavour, what more could a person ask for? :) Next time, I think I’ll add some finely chopped Jalapeno pepper to it and eat it like a salsa.

7 Responses to Black Bean and Corn Salad

1. betty r August 21, 2008 at 9:04 am #

I made a bean salad this week but didn’t follow a recipe..just ‘threw’ it together. I thought it was lacking something so added some ‘pickle juice’. I like your idea of adding jalepeno peppers!

2. [eatingclub] vancouver || js August 21, 2008 at 10:27 am #

I have to try this after my somewhat disastrous attempt at a black bean dish. Thanks!

3. Nancy August 21, 2008 at 10:35 am #

Awesome new look, Janine! So easy to read and really attractive. Love it!

4. Jeanine August 21, 2008 at 10:44 am #

eatingclubvancouver, you have GOT to try this one. My first black bean dish failed so miserably too, we chucked the rest of it out (which seldom happens here). But, this one was really good. I really think some jalapeno peppers would really add something wonderful to this dish too.

Nancy – Thank you so much! You just made me smile. :) I take it you can read everything OK then?

5. Anonymous New York August 21, 2008 at 4:57 pm #

This picture is SO vibrant and the salad looks wonderful!

6. Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer August 21, 2008 at 6:59 pm #

Thanks for the reminder of this great and amazing salad. I love to make this because it tastes great and is so easy.

7. Judy@nofearentertaining August 22, 2008 at 6:10 pm #

This looks so good and I happen to have a bunch of those ingredients in my fridge! This may be lunch tomorrow!