Slow Cooker Stuffed Baked Potatoes

I really love a good baked potato when I have a BBQ. However, more often than not, I forget to start the potatoes early enough. Why is it that barbecued meat takes minutes (usually), and the potatoes to go with the meat, take an hour? Instead of doing the potatoes on the grill, I usually do them in the oven. However, I didn’t want to turn my oven on for an hour for a few potatoes, so out came the slow cooker! Yes, you can use your slow cooker in summer too. :) It’s easy to scrub your potatoes in the morning, throw them in the slow cooker, and go on with your day. By supper time, your potatoes are ready to scoop out and stuff.

7 Responses to Slow Cooker Stuffed Baked Potatoes

1. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) August 3, 2008 at 10:36 am #

This is one filling meal, WOW! I love both potatoes and corn so I am very tempted.

2. Jeanine August 3, 2008 at 2:23 pm #

Aren't potatoes & corn a great meal? Especially when you can get both fresh from the garden. Our potatoes are just starting to produce, and the corn should be ready for picking in a few weeks. Yum!

3. [eatingclub] vancouver || js August 3, 2008 at 3:58 pm #

Potatoes in the slow cooker — what a great idea.

That stuffed potato sure does look good!

4. Iris August 4, 2008 at 5:25 pm #

Great idea! I love baked potatoes (or any kind for that matter) but like you, seldom think of making them in time. I’m making these for supper right now and they look fabulous. Thanks again!

5. ihchicky August 5, 2008 at 11:46 am #

Great idea. I never would have thought about making baked potatoes in a slow cooker. I have been wanting this book. It looks like they have a lot of great recipes.

6. Jaime August 8, 2008 at 7:54 pm #

wow, in a slow cooker?! genius!

7. Nicole August 23, 2008 at 10:03 am #

What an awesome recipe!! I can’t wait to get my butt home from work to try it!!!