Gluten Free Zucchini Carrot Muffins

Yes, Gluten-Free people, there is a delicious and nutritious breakfast/coffee break/snack muffin for us! (insert cheering here). :) These muffins have a wonderful flavour & texture, and contain a number of good things like sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seed, raisins, zucchini and carrots. Yes, it’s a long ingredient list today, but it’ll be totally worth it, trust me! This recipe yields 24 muffins, so bake them and freeze them, taking them out when you need them. All of the nuts add great texture, and the raisins add a nice sweetness. You won’t be disappointed with these, so go ahead and shred up that zucchini that your neighbor gave you and you had no idea what to do with it.

9 Responses to Gluten Free Zucchini Carrot Muffins

1. Clumbsy Cookie September 11, 2008 at 9:05 am #

How nuticious! The ingriedients list is long but they’ll make them really tasty for sure! And gluten free, wow!

2. Clumbsy Cookie September 11, 2008 at 9:24 am #

Oh! And thanks Susan for the nice comment on my blog!

3. Sarah September 22, 2011 at 8:25 pm #

This recipe looks great, except for one thing. Do you have any other suggestions to replace the yogurt/ buttermilk? My DD is soy intolerant too, so no tofu. Is there anything else?

• Jeanine September 22, 2011 at 9:24 pm #

Hi Sarah,
      I’ve read that others replace buttermilk with 1 Tbsp lemon juice and enough almond milk to make the required amount (I make buttermilk this way all the time using regular milk). Mix the two together, let it sit for about 5 minutes before using. Hope this helps!

4. Tamar September 1, 2012 at 11:15 pm #

Tried these today. Very nice. Texture just right. I used the lemon juice in half and half since that is what i had. Also added unsweetened small grated coconut and dried cranberries since i was out of raisins. Thank you for your site.

• Jeanine September 6, 2012 at 7:08 am #

Those sound like great substitutions, Tamar! Glad they worked for you!

5. Cathy August 15, 2013 at 5:50 pm #

Hi. These look delicious and I definitely have some zucchini to use up. However, I was wondering about some of the proportions. I have flax meal…what I looked up said that a 1/2 cup of flax seed would equal a cup of flax meal. I was worried that might be too much. And wondering what amount your ground seeds and nuts yielded. Also, I can’t find pumpkin seeds that are not peanut contaminated and we can’t do almonds. I was wondering if you or anyone had any ideas for substitutions. Chia seeds or coconut flour? Thank you.

• Jeanine Friesen September 20, 2013 at 12:42 pm #

I’m sorry, Cathy, I wish I could help you out, but I haven’t made this recipe in 5 years. I’m unsure of what the different substitutions would do at this point. Sorry!

1. Snack Attack! | 3 Square Meals - March 6, 2012

[…] 4. http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2008/09/gluten-free-zucchini-carrot-muffins.html […]