Jalapeno Pepper Jelly

I have never even tried jalapeno pepper jelly before, but this was on my list of things to attempt to make. I have no idea how the store bought stuff tastes, but I know that this homemade version that I did, which gets it’s pectin and colour from natural sources, is one that I will be using again & again. It was easy to make, didn’t take very long, and the end result is fantastic! The perfect addition to cheese & crackers. We really enjoy this, and I’m sure we’ll think up some more ways to eat this (anyone have any suggestions??).

8 Responses to Jalapeno Pepper Jelly

1. betty r September 15, 2008 at 9:31 pm #

This is on my list of things to make as well..my mouth waters just looking at those pretty red jelly jars!

2. April September 16, 2008 at 7:57 am #

Sounds interesting! I have never tried this before. It looks beautiful though. I love the color.

3. jill elise September 16, 2008 at 6:38 pm #

I made jalapeno pepper jelly last year for pretty much the same reason, also having never had it. I ended up serving it with cheese at thanksgiving, and it was a hit!!!! Yours looks beautiful and delicious.

4. Clumbsy Cookie September 18, 2008 at 5:33 pm #

What a beautiful color! I’m sure this would make great gifts!

5. Melanie September 19, 2008 at 12:18 am #

I love that pepper jelly with stoned wheat crackers, some old cheddar or fancy cheese you normally don’t buy and a huge honkin’ glass of red wine!! How’s that for a great idea!! LOL

6. Jamie September 19, 2008 at 10:14 am #

I love jalepeno jelly! Tastefully Simple used to sell, but quit…boy I miss it!!! :)

7. Jeanine September 25, 2008 at 7:03 pm #

WEll, we're loving the jalapeno jelly with crackers & cheese. DELICIOUS! Love the little after bite that the pepper gives you after the initial sweetness. Mmm…will definitely make this again!

8. Jalapeno Pepper Jelly September 16, 2009 at 6:55 pm #

The recipe sounds great and your picture is awesome!