Potato, Broccoli and Cheese Soup

Well, today was the day! Back to school. My son & I walked my big girl to school for her first day as a 1st Grader. She was excited to go to school, I wasn’t as thrilled. I’ll miss having her at home, and I know that from now on, she will be in school every day, full days (unlike last year where we had half days, and every-other day). So, now it’s just me and a nearly three year old at home every day, all day. I think it’ll be fun in it’s own way, just different.

And the way the weather has been here in Manitoba the last few days, it feels like fall is approaching quickly (too quickly, if you ask me!). For this cool weather, I thought I’d share a warm-your-soul type of soup with you. I hope you enjoy it!

7 Responses to Potato, Broccoli and Cheese Soup

1. Iris September 3, 2008 at 4:19 pm #

What great pictures! You can totally see how excited and even a little bit nervous she is.

Thanks for another great recipe. If anything can make us welcome cooler days, a yummy bowl of soup will!

2. Jeanine September 3, 2008 at 8:12 pm #

Thanks, Iris. Abby had a GREAT day at school. She was so tired, but still so hyper all evening. Weird! See how she likes the second day of school, it’s not quite as thrilling as the first. lol

3. Clumbsy Cookie September 4, 2008 at 3:02 pm #

Good luck to the little one, she looks really excited to go to school!

4. Kevin September 4, 2008 at 8:17 pm #

Broccoli and cheese soup brings back memories. It looks good!

5. shweetpotato October 5, 2008 at 9:02 am #

Its only 48 degrees here in Utah this morn and boy does this look NUMMY yayy.. thanks so much,Carm

6. Sandy October 13, 2011 at 2:59 pm #

I love soups but this soup was so good!!! I made it yesterday for my daycare kids and we all loved it. I feel like make it again today… but I am out of broccoli.
    Thanks Jeanine.

• Jeanine October 13, 2011 at 8:00 pm #

That’s awesome, Sandy! I was lucky, I still had leftovers in the fridge, and it made a yummy lunch. :)