Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Vinegar and Garlic

Thanks again to everyone for joining me last week for Gluten-Free Bread Baking week. For those of you that don’t have to bake gluten-free, thanks for hanging around and waiting it out. :)

I thought we’d had so much bread the past while, it was time for a main dish recipe. My husband & I really enjoyed this chicken dish. The flavours were not overpowering, and the chicken was moist. I loved it because it was really quick and easy to prepare, but tasted otherwise. Those are always great dishes, perfect to make when you have last minute company for supper too!

9 Responses to Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Vinegar and Garlic

1. betty r October 14, 2008 at 8:52 am #

Your photos are always fantastic, Jeanine! And the chicken looks delish..

2. Jeanine October 14, 2008 at 8:56 am #

Thanks, Betty, I appreciate your comments. :)

3. Alexa October 14, 2008 at 11:36 am #

It sounds like a delicious chicken recipe. I would have to omit the mushrooms, my kids don’t like them at all. It looks great to me.

4. Kevin October 14, 2008 at 8:46 pm #

That chicken looks tasty!

5. Jill October 14, 2008 at 9:51 pm #

You inspired my dinner this evening! My 6 year old whined and complained about the whole house smelling like vinegar, and refused to eat the chicken, but I thought it was great! Left out the mushrooms because… well… Yuck! And I totally spaced adding the butter at the end. All in all, a really good dish! Thank you for sharing and taking such a beautiful photo! I’ll be back tomorrow to see what inspires me! :)
    (jilljones43@msn.com)

6. Clumbsy Cookie October 15, 2008 at 4:06 am #

It’s allways nice to have another chicken recipe to try! And this one sounds delicious!

7. Jeanine October 15, 2008 at 7:06 am #

Alexa – there aren’t many fans of mushrooms here either, just hubby, really. So, leaving them out works great! :)

Kevin – Thanks! Happy Late Thanksgiving!

Jill, I’m glad to hear that you knew what was for supper from this chicken dish. That makes it easier sometimes, doesn’t it? BTW, my kids can’t stand the smell of the balsamic vinegar either, and this dish wasn’t a hit with them. We sure liked it though! :)

Clumbsy – You can never have too many chicken recipes! :)

8. Fearless Kitchen October 15, 2008 at 9:26 am #

This looks really tasty! I made a similar dish a long time ago – probably last year, before I started blogging – and the flavor of the vinegar didn’t come through well. I think that this recipe would probably have a bit more “oomph” to it, although I understand that it’s not supposed to be overpowering.

9. Prairie Girl Boutique October 15, 2008 at 11:58 am #

Well now, I have never used balsamic vinegar before, but I think I shall try it out! That looks delicious Jeanine!!!!

May I ask what’s for supper tonight? If I leave right now, I should be there just in time. I’ll even offer to do the dishes!