Gluten-Free Pumpkin Biscotti

I was so excited when this recipe actually turned out. And not only turned out, but was fantastic! I had tried making biscotti in my pre-gluten-free days, but hadn’t succeeded. This is my first attempt at gluten-free biscotti, and I gotta say, it rocked! Get out that cuppa joe, you’re gonna need it to dip these wonderful sticks of spicy goodness into. :)

9 Responses to Gluten-Free Pumpkin Biscotti

1. Alexa October 23, 2008 at 1:15 pm #

This is a must bake for me… All my favorite flavors inside a biscotti and you’ve already adapted it to make it GF. I am a happy girl! Have a great weekend, Jeanine.

2. betty r October 23, 2008 at 1:33 pm #

Oh my, Jeanine..Pumpkin Biscotti..yum yum! When fall rolls around biscotti is the cookie that comes to mind. I’ll try a recipe ‘with gluten’..we had one at mgcc awhile ago.
    Once again wonderful presentation!

3. • friedl • October 24, 2008 at 3:35 am #

I’ve thought this about many of your recipes: you use so many ingredients ! I mean, how many types of flour for the biscotti ? *counting* 4 !

Don’t get me wrong, it ‘s not a bad thing ! :-) I’m just surprised (and slightly overwhelmed) every time I read a recipe :-)

Go on baking !

4. Jeanine October 24, 2008 at 6:00 am #

Alexa – I hope you enjoy the biscotti. I really did, and wish I had more! :)

Betty – nothing beats the smell of something spicy baking in the oven! Smells like fall then.

Fried – there always is a list, huh? lol The thing is, using a combination of flours, you get the best texture (most similar to regular flour). Plus, I don’t have access to any “all-purpose” flour blends where I live, but I do have access to the individual flours. Hope that explains some of my craziness here. :)

5. GF Gidget December 13, 2009 at 10:29 pm #

I just made these using butternut squash puree and they turned out perfectly! Thank you so much for an awesome recipe.

6. Jeanine January 6, 2010 at 3:28 pm #

Awesome, great substitution for the pumpkin!

7. Brenda December 30, 2013 at 7:40 pm #

Oh, my! I received a tin full of these lovelies for Christmas. Delicious!!! Because they were so good, I just had to make a batch for my family. They turned out perfectly using GF baking flour instead of the four different flours and Xanthan gum.

I will use this recipe over and over again! Thank you!

• Jeanine Friesen January 13, 2014 at 3:44 pm #

wow, that’s a great gift to get, Brenda! So glad that you liked them!

1. Pumpkin Round-Up | The Baking Beauties - September 30, 2011

[...] – this has the cream cheese frosting all wrapped up in a neat little package. So delicious! Pumpkin Biscotti – I wish I’d dipped these in chocolate. But I didn’t. Maybe next time. Pumpkin [...]