Gluten-Free Pumpkin Biscotti

I was so excited when this recipe actually turned out. And not only turned out, but was fantastic! I had tried making biscotti in my pre-gluten-free days, but hadn’t succeeded. This is my first attempt at gluten-free biscotti, and I gotta say, it rocked! Get out that cuppa joe, you’re gonna need it to dip these wonderful sticks of spicy goodness into. :)

, ,

12 Responses to Gluten-Free Pumpkin Biscotti

1. Alexa October 23, 2008 at 1:15 pm #

This is a must bake for me… All my favorite flavors inside a biscotti and you’ve already adapted it to make it GF. I am a happy girl! Have a great weekend, Jeanine.

2. betty r October 23, 2008 at 1:33 pm #

Oh my, Jeanine..Pumpkin Biscotti..yum yum! When fall rolls around biscotti is the cookie that comes to mind. I’ll try a recipe ‘with gluten’..we had one at mgcc awhile ago.
    Once again wonderful presentation!

3. • friedl • October 24, 2008 at 3:35 am #

I’ve thought this about many of your recipes: you use so many ingredients ! I mean, how many types of flour for the biscotti ? *counting* 4 !

Don’t get me wrong, it ‘s not a bad thing ! :-) I’m just surprised (and slightly overwhelmed) every time I read a recipe :-)

Go on baking !

4. Jeanine October 24, 2008 at 6:00 am #

Alexa – I hope you enjoy the biscotti. I really did, and wish I had more! :)

Betty – nothing beats the smell of something spicy baking in the oven! Smells like fall then.

Fried – there always is a list, huh? lol The thing is, using a combination of flours, you get the best texture (most similar to regular flour). Plus, I don’t have access to any “all-purpose” flour blends where I live, but I do have access to the individual flours. Hope that explains some of my craziness here. :)

5. GF Gidget December 13, 2009 at 10:29 pm #

I just made these using butternut squash puree and they turned out perfectly! Thank you so much for an awesome recipe.

6. Jeanine January 6, 2010 at 3:28 pm #

Awesome, great substitution for the pumpkin!

7. Brenda December 30, 2013 at 7:40 pm #

Oh, my! I received a tin full of these lovelies for Christmas. Delicious!!! Because they were so good, I just had to make a batch for my family. They turned out perfectly using GF baking flour instead of the four different flours and Xanthan gum.

I will use this recipe over and over again! Thank you!

• Jeanine Friesen January 13, 2014 at 3:44 pm #

wow, that’s a great gift to get, Brenda! So glad that you liked them!

8. Mary-Jeanine September 16, 2014 at 5:03 pm #

I just found this page through Pinterest, and when I saw your name I decided it was a sign…gotta make these! I live in Central Florida and just harvested 33 Seminole Pumpkins, so I’m looking for lots of ways to use pureed pumpkin. Bingo!

• Jeanine September 18, 2014 at 7:05 am #

Haha, not many “Jeanine”s out there, huh? :) Nice to ‘meet’ you! I’ve got a thing for pumpkin, you’ll find quite a few pumpkin recipes on my blog that should help you use up some of that pumpkin puree. ;)

9. Excentrix October 23, 2014 at 6:39 pm #

Thank you for the recipe The xanthan gum and grounds nuts instructions have been omitted. Since I’ve made wheat biscotti for Christmas in the past, I’ll simply add these two to the flour mixture.

And to Friedl: While the 4 types of substitute flours are ideal, often I have used one or two only if that is all I have on hand and check liquids and baking time. For example, you can use white rice flour and add corn meal. Once I started having on hand at least three to 4 types of gluten free flours and starches, I discovered I can make practically limitless gluten free baked goods.

1. Pumpkin Round-Up | The Baking Beauties - September 30, 2011

[…] – this has the cream cheese frosting all wrapped up in a neat little package. So delicious! Pumpkin Biscotti – I wish I’d dipped these in chocolate. But I didn’t. Maybe next time. Pumpkin […]