Pear Marmalade

Since I gave you some new bread recipes last week, I figured you’d need something to put on your bread. This recipe is one that my Mom submitted, but since she has, I’ve made it myself, and it is so delicious! It can be as chunky as you’d like, and has a great citrus flavour to it, but it’s not as strong as store bought marmalade. It is also not as sweet as regular jam either.

My Mom freezes her marmalade, but I canned mine, and it worked fine. It tastes great in the morning on top of some toasted Flax Bread. Mmm…

9 Responses to Pear Marmalade

1. betty r October 17, 2008 at 8:19 am #

Looks amazing ..I could eat that straight from the bowl!!

2. Jeanine October 17, 2008 at 8:40 am #

Thanks, Betty! As for eating from the bowl…shhh…I have, it’s GOOD! lol I think it’d be great on ice cream too. Yum!

3. Clumbsy Cookie October 17, 2008 at 3:46 pm #

I agree with Betty, that would be good just straight from the bowl!

4. Colleen October 17, 2008 at 9:45 pm #

So many delicious new recipes, Jeanine! Yum!

I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving celebration — and what great news about your Mom!

I just whipped up some cranberry salsa for Fall Favorites Friday … just in case that’s something you’d like to try.

Have a wonderful weekend! It promises to be a cold one here in Maine…

5. Mary October 17, 2008 at 11:18 pm #

That looks wonderful and I am going to try it. When I saw the title, I thought of the pear jam that Mom and now I make. It is pear jam with shreds of lemon peel in it. The recipe is in the powdered pectin box. I think it is sure jel.

Thanks for the recipe

6. Andrew Abraham October 19, 2008 at 6:08 am #

I wanted to thank you for posting your baking recipes… As you say…they are beauties… All best..

Andy

7. Amber October 19, 2008 at 8:57 pm #

Yes, on ice cream, or pound cake, or ice cream. Pears have such a delicate flavor, this would be wonderful.

8. Marysol October 20, 2008 at 9:49 am #

Oh my. I bought pears and pineapple over the weekend, before stumbling onto your recipe; I think it’s an omen.
    I love the color and the flavor has to match its look.

9. Alexa October 21, 2008 at 11:59 am #

That looks really tasty… I love making jams and marmalade. It elevates any slice of bread to a little piece of heaven.