I love making chicken dishes for supper. The only thing better, is a chicken dish that takes very little time. This flavourful salsa chicken takes only a few minutes to prep before you put it in the oven and get the rest of your supper going. It tastes great, and was very moist as well. Definitely a recipe to keep in mind when you don’t have enough time to marinade, bread or fry your chicken. Sprinkle it with the seasoning, top it with salsa, and bake it. When it is finished baking, you top it with cheese and put it back in the oven just long enough for the cheese to melt. Goes great with Mexican Rice or Mexican-Style Baked Potatoes.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 teaspoons gluten-free taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts, and pour salsa over all.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream if desired, and serve.