Salsa Chicken

I love making chicken dishes for supper. The only thing better, is a chicken dish that takes very little time. :) This flavourful salsa chicken takes only a few minutes to prep before you put it in the oven and get the rest of your supper going. It tastes great, and was very moist as well. Definitely a recipe to keep in mind when you don’t have enough time to marinade, bread or fry your chicken. Sprinkle it with the seasoning, top it with salsa, and bake it. When it is finished baking, you top it with cheese and put it back in the oven just long enough for the cheese to melt. Goes great with Mexican Rice or Mexican-Style Baked Potatoes.

21 Responses to Salsa Chicken

1. Iris October 27, 2008 at 8:29 am #

This looks wonderful! It combines two favorites here-mexican flavors and easy to make!
    Thanks-will try soon.

2. Jill October 27, 2008 at 9:18 am #

Yay! Dinner! Thanks again!! :)

3. Jeanine October 27, 2008 at 9:22 am #

Iris, we love Mexican food too, if it’s easy, even better! :(

Jill, you’re welcome! Enjoy your supper!

4. Anonymous New York October 27, 2008 at 11:40 am #

I love cooking with salsa! So easy and so tasty. I pretty much mixed everything with salsa (eggs, pasta, chicken) when I was a single girl cooking for one! My husband is a bit more picky, so I have to sneak it in there. ;-)

5. Clumbsy Cookie October 27, 2008 at 2:09 pm #

I also love chicken. It’s so versatile! What a delicious dinner!

6. betty r October 27, 2008 at 7:39 pm #

Yum yum! Another fantastic chicken recipe Jeanine! Your family must come to the table with great expectations and it doesn’t look like you disappoint them!

7. Anneliese October 28, 2008 at 1:37 pm #

This looks delicious! It looks like you rolled the chicken breast? I will want to try this, especially because it’s easy.

8. Jeanine October 28, 2008 at 1:39 pm #

Thanks, Anneliese! Nope, no rolling it just take the whole boneless, skinless chicken breast, sprinkle on the taco seasoning, dump on the salsa & bake! :)

9. Alexa October 28, 2008 at 9:53 pm #

It looks so festive and good enough for company. I bet my family would love it.

10. Anonymous December 26, 2008 at 5:15 pm #

hi there..seems like food will turn out yummy :)
    did you have to thaw the chicken before marinate and bake?

I am newly married and with very lil experience in actual cooking. I am more of a quick microwave type of person but want to make something nice on weekend.

thanks for your attention!

Maria

11. Jeanine December 27, 2008 at 9:48 pm #

Maria, I actually did this from frozen chicken. Just sprinkled each side with taco seasoning, and go from there. :) Your husband will be impressed! Congrats on the new marriage!

12. Babette January 24, 2009 at 1:32 pm #

This is fabulous! I have tried your Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs and you are 2 for 2 on great recipes. I am going to try the Majeto chicken next. Thanks for the blog!

13. Jeanine January 26, 2009 at 12:43 pm #

Babette, I'm so glad that you are liking the recipes here! I LOVED both of those recipes, and the mojito chicken as well. YUM! Just you wait…I made Sweet & Sour chicken balls this past weekend…gluten-free, and the BEST that any of us has ever had! Hopefully I'll get a chance to post it in the next week or so. :)

14. Anonymous February 15, 2010 at 6:46 pm #

Thank you! This was so easy and tasted great. I am definately not a cook and even I was able to pull this off!

15. Cammycap February 24, 2010 at 11:38 am #

I made this last night w fiesta rice on the back of the uncle bens whole grain brown rice box and it was a BIG HIT, you really wound never know this was a healthy meal. The chicken was so tender and flavorful and the rice was amazing.

16. Anonymous September 19, 2010 at 5:12 pm #

I like mixing the sour cream & chedder cheese together & top on the chicken for the last 5 minutes of bakint

17. Jeanine September 20, 2010 at 7:19 am #

That sounds like a great way to top it too! :)

18. Paula Rogers October 10, 2012 at 8:58 am #

This is so fast and easy! It can be made in the crock pot. Cook on Medium for 6 hrs. We don’t add the taco seasoning and it has a milder flavor. My family loves this recipe and we have it 3 or 4 times a month!!!

• Jeanine October 10, 2012 at 11:21 am #

I have it in the slow cooker right now. :) Less ‘hurry’ at the end of the day. :)

19. Janine April 25, 2013 at 12:05 pm #

Jeanine, what kind of taco seasoning do you use?