Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes

These potatoes make a great side dish. They are easy to do, have a great base flavour from the herbs & spices, and the balsamic vinegar gives them a really great kick of flavour at the end. Delicious!

26 Responses to Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes

1. betty r November 14, 2008 at 1:11 pm #

Jeanine..this potato dish looks so delicious..will be making it soon. Who knows..maybe today!

2. Kevin November 14, 2008 at 9:20 pm #

Those potatoes look perfectly golden brown and crispy and good!

3. Eliana September 6, 2011 at 1:32 pm #

I am obsessed with balsamic but never thought of making potatoes with it. Genius idea.

4. Isabella October 24, 2011 at 3:48 pm #

Red potatoes with balsamic – how simple that sounds, but I have never had it before. I made these just recently because it sounded like something I and my family would like. I was wrong, we didn’t like them, we LOVED them! I actually ate enough to fill me up and had no room for the main course! LOL I will have to watch that the next time I make them!

• Jeanine October 29, 2011 at 7:57 am #

Haha, loved them! Perfect!! :)

5. Sophia @ FatBurningFurnace October 24, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

I adore red potatoes and always looking for new recipes, which is what brought me to your site. This looks like it could be a real winner and it looks easy to make along with the various seasonings, I’ve decided to give it a try. I imagine all the different seasonings will blend together. By the way – your photo makes it look very enticing!

• Jeanine October 29, 2011 at 7:56 am #

Thank you very much! Glad that you enjoyed them!

6. Christal November 2, 2011 at 3:26 pm #

Jeanine!! These are amazing!!! I sampled them, but the family hasn’t yet. Hope they go over well with everyone else! :)

BTW, the site is looking great! My sister is a newly diagnosed celiac and I have sent her your way.

Hope you are all well!
    Christal G.

• Jeanine November 3, 2011 at 1:55 pm #

That’s awesome, Christal! Thanks for passing along my website, I appreciate it. Feel for your sister though. Been there, done that. If she’s got any questions, tell her to shoot me an email, I’ll do what I can to help. Just remember…it does run in the family. So far, I’m the only one diagnosed in my family, but I’m sure someone else must have it!

• Katherine Rogers March 24, 2014 at 8:47 am #

Cannot wait to try these! By the way, how did you get your diagnosis? I am the only one in my family too who has it. Chronic low Vitamin D (20) and chronic illness were my doctor’s indicators.

I love your site and appreciate what your time and energy into making the lives of others better!

7. Mia Dube' November 21, 2011 at 7:21 pm #

I have these potatoes in the oven right now and they smell wonderful! I can’t wait to try them. I love red potatoes and balsamic vinegar. I am so excited!!! Thank you for the recipe!

8. Kodi April 13, 2012 at 8:14 pm #

I made these with dinner a couple a nights ago an they were fantastic! These will definitely be a new regular at our house.

• Jeanine April 13, 2012 at 9:07 pm #

That’s awesome, Kodi! Thanks for the comment!

9. Andi @ 31dayfatlosscuree.org September 12, 2012 at 12:52 am #

potatoes is one of my favourite food, i think i’m gonna try this recipe tonight :)

10. Dottie Weber October 20, 2012 at 11:56 pm #

Can’t wait to make these.I think I can smell them.I finally got my honey try boiled potatoes w/ chopped onions & vinegar,wehad these when I was a kid at home.My mother was always coming up w/ something.My problem honey.But I think He might b coming around & I’m sure he’ll like these.Thank You So Much….Dottie

11. Louise @ ancestralchef.com March 31, 2013 at 9:58 pm #

This looks delicious and really easy to make! I’m Paleo, but I think potatoes are perfectly fine on the diet.

• Jeanine Friesen April 24, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

Potatoes are a staple in our house – and the more ways to prepare them, the better. :)

12. Stacie July 19, 2013 at 6:35 pm #

I made these potatoes tonight, without thyme (I was out), and they were heavenly! Thank you so much for the recipe!

13. Jackolyn December 27, 2013 at 11:38 am #

Just stumbled onto your website, so glad I found it. I am making the chicken taco soup as I type and cannot wait to try several more of your recipes. I find the reviews very helpful. I have to eat GF and DF and it isn’t easy. I now make everything homemade. Thanks for your recipes and comments.
    Jackolyn

14. Wonderful items from you, man. I have be mindful your stuff prior to and you’re just extremely fantastic.

I really like what you have received here, really like what you’re stating
    and the way in which through which you are saying it.
    You’re making it enjoyable and you continue to take care
    of to keep it smart. I cant wait to learn much more from
    you. That is really a tremendous website.

15. Annette August 6, 2014 at 2:45 pm #

I am making these right now. We have a ton of small red potatoes. They smell delicious.

16. Annette August 6, 2014 at 4:02 pm #

….and the verdict? Delicious!

1. Top Ten Tuesday – Ways to Make Potatoes « In the Kitchen with KP… - September 27, 2011

[…] Top ten ways to make potatoes! 1. Roasted. Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes […]

2. A Pinterest Day | What's Up With the Wilhelms - January 29, 2012

[…] got a TON of green beans in our Bountiful Basket this week}. For the second side I decided to make Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes, which was one of the many recipes I pinned on […]

3. I'm trying the "Empty Cupboard Method" - Budget For HealthBudget For Health - April 24, 2012

[…] serve my in-laws some kind of pesto/breaded, baked chicken with toasted almonds and some balsamic roasted red skin potatoes. Sunday will consist of a cereal, oatmeal, or PBJ lunch until our Thai dinner. If we practice […]