Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes

These potatoes make a great side dish. They are easy to do, have a great base flavour from the herbs & spices, and the balsamic vinegar gives them a really great kick of flavour at the end. Delicious!

23 Responses to Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes

1. betty r November 14, 2008 at 1:11 pm #

Jeanine..this potato dish looks so delicious..will be making it soon. Who knows..maybe today!

2. Kevin November 14, 2008 at 9:20 pm #

Those potatoes look perfectly golden brown and crispy and good!

3. Eliana September 6, 2011 at 1:32 pm #

I am obsessed with balsamic but never thought of making potatoes with it. Genius idea.

4. Isabella October 24, 2011 at 3:48 pm #

Red potatoes with balsamic – how simple that sounds, but I have never had it before. I made these just recently because it sounded like something I and my family would like. I was wrong, we didn’t like them, we LOVED them! I actually ate enough to fill me up and had no room for the main course! LOL I will have to watch that the next time I make them!

• Jeanine October 29, 2011 at 7:57 am #

Haha, loved them! Perfect!! :)

5. Sophia @ FatBurningFurnace October 24, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

I adore red potatoes and always looking for new recipes, which is what brought me to your site. This looks like it could be a real winner and it looks easy to make along with the various seasonings, I’ve decided to give it a try. I imagine all the different seasonings will blend together. By the way – your photo makes it look very enticing!

• Jeanine October 29, 2011 at 7:56 am #

Thank you very much! Glad that you enjoyed them!

6. Christal November 2, 2011 at 3:26 pm #

Jeanine!! These are amazing!!! I sampled them, but the family hasn’t yet. Hope they go over well with everyone else! :)

BTW, the site is looking great! My sister is a newly diagnosed celiac and I have sent her your way.

Hope you are all well!
    Christal G.

• Jeanine November 3, 2011 at 1:55 pm #

That’s awesome, Christal! Thanks for passing along my website, I appreciate it. Feel for your sister though. Been there, done that. If she’s got any questions, tell her to shoot me an email, I’ll do what I can to help. Just remember…it does run in the family. So far, I’m the only one diagnosed in my family, but I’m sure someone else must have it!

• Katherine Rogers March 24, 2014 at 8:47 am #

Cannot wait to try these! By the way, how did you get your diagnosis? I am the only one in my family too who has it. Chronic low Vitamin D (20) and chronic illness were my doctor’s indicators.

I love your site and appreciate what your time and energy into making the lives of others better!

7. Mia Dube' November 21, 2011 at 7:21 pm #

I have these potatoes in the oven right now and they smell wonderful! I can’t wait to try them. I love red potatoes and balsamic vinegar. I am so excited!!! Thank you for the recipe!

8. Kodi April 13, 2012 at 8:14 pm #

I made these with dinner a couple a nights ago an they were fantastic! These will definitely be a new regular at our house.

• Jeanine April 13, 2012 at 9:07 pm #

That’s awesome, Kodi! Thanks for the comment!

9. Andi @ 31dayfatlosscuree.org September 12, 2012 at 12:52 am #

potatoes is one of my favourite food, i think i’m gonna try this recipe tonight :)

10. Dottie Weber October 20, 2012 at 11:56 pm #

Can’t wait to make these.I think I can smell them.I finally got my honey try boiled potatoes w/ chopped onions & vinegar,wehad these when I was a kid at home.My mother was always coming up w/ something.My problem honey.But I think He might b coming around & I’m sure he’ll like these.Thank You So Much….Dottie

11. Louise @ ancestralchef.com March 31, 2013 at 9:58 pm #

This looks delicious and really easy to make! I’m Paleo, but I think potatoes are perfectly fine on the diet.

• Jeanine Friesen April 24, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

Potatoes are a staple in our house – and the more ways to prepare them, the better. :)

12. Stacie July 19, 2013 at 6:35 pm #

I made these potatoes tonight, without thyme (I was out), and they were heavenly! Thank you so much for the recipe!

13. Jackolyn December 27, 2013 at 11:38 am #

Just stumbled onto your website, so glad I found it. I am making the chicken taco soup as I type and cannot wait to try several more of your recipes. I find the reviews very helpful. I have to eat GF and DF and it isn’t easy. I now make everything homemade. Thanks for your recipes and comments.
    Jackolyn

1. Top Ten Tuesday – Ways to Make Potatoes « In the Kitchen with KP… - September 27, 2011

[...] Top ten ways to make potatoes! 1. Roasted. Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes [...]

2. A Pinterest Day | What's Up With the Wilhelms - January 29, 2012

[...] got a TON of green beans in our Bountiful Basket this week}. For the second side I decided to make Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes, which was one of the many recipes I pinned on [...]

3. I'm trying the "Empty Cupboard Method" - Budget For HealthBudget For Health - April 24, 2012

[...] serve my in-laws some kind of pesto/breaded, baked chicken with toasted almonds and some balsamic roasted red skin potatoes. Sunday will consist of a cereal, oatmeal, or PBJ lunch until our Thai dinner. If we practice [...]