Gluten-free Pumpkin Pecan Tarts

I made these mini pies using a new GF crust recipe. I was very happy with this crust recipe, it was tender, and even slightly flaky. However, I only had to roll the dough into small balls & place in a mini muffin tin (to make mini tarts). I never had to roll out a whole pie, I’m not sure how it would behave then. I think if rolled between two sheets of wax paper, it wouldn’t be a problem. These little bite size tarts were perfect for dessert! If you don’t need a gluten-free dessert, use your favorite pie dough recipe, or even store bought tart shells.

7 Responses to Gluten-free Pumpkin Pecan Tarts

1. betty r November 17, 2008 at 12:22 pm #

Pumpkin Pecan Tarts..how yummy is that, Jeanine! A nice variation for my Christmas tray of goodies!

2. Alexa November 19, 2008 at 10:57 am #

These little pumpkin pies are so cute! I am bookmarking the recipe for Thanksgiving. I have been debating between various desserts and this one seems like a great addition to my menu. Thanks Jeanine for contributing to my family’s celebration. :-)

3. Peggy December 10, 2012 at 1:01 pm #

Can I use an all purpose gluten free flour instead of all the other flours listed in the recipe?

• Jeanine December 10, 2012 at 1:23 pm #

I haven’t tried that, so I can’t really say. This recipe is quite high in starch, so I don’t know if an all purpose would be exactly the same, but I’m sure it would still be delicious. :)

4. Cookiepress August 7, 2013 at 1:18 pm #

Since the recipe doesn’t state the temperature, I made a batch of 48, the first 24 I baked at 400 for 25 minutes, tops a little too done, crust fell apart. I baked the next 24 on 350 for 30 minutes, held together better but still fell apart a little. I also had a third of the pecan mix left over. I will use that on sweet potatoes.

• Jeanine Friesen August 7, 2013 at 9:01 pm #

I’m sorry about that, Cookiepress! It should have been 350*.

1. Pumpkin Round-Up | The Baking Beauties - September 13, 2011

[...] Biscotti – I wish I’d dipped these in chocolate. But I didn’t. Maybe next time. Pumpkin Pecan Tarts – Oh yeah, these were good! Like a mini pumpkin pie…with pecans. Pumpkin Ice Cream [...]