This soup is so easy to make, but has such a great flavour. We all really liked this soup, right down to the 3 year old. My husband even asked that this recipe be put into regular rotation. It’s a nice change from the Veggie Chowder that I usually make.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cubes gluten-free chicken bouillon
- 1 cup hot water
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can gluten-free cream-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- In a Dutch oven, brown chicken, onion, and garlic in butter until chicken is no longer pink.
- Dissolve the bouillon in hot water; Pour into Dutch oven, and season with cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream, cheese, corn, chilies, and hot pepper sauce. Cook, stirring frequently, until the cheese is melted. Stir in chopped tomato. Garnish with cilantro.