Pumpkin Ice Cream

Yes, folks…pumpkin ice cream! I’ve never seen this available in the store, but it would really make a great seasonal ice cream, I think. This ice cream tastes just like pumpkin pie, with the wonderful taste of pumpkin, and the great blend of spices. With the heavy cream & egg yolks, it makes a really great ice cream base, very smooth. I thought the pumpkin puree might cause a bit of an ice crystal texture, but there was no such thing. Simply delicious!

And how does this go together with the GF Gingersnap cookies that I posted yesterday? They are perfect paired together to make an ice cream sandwich. Just put a scoop of ice cream on a cookie & top with a second cookie. A nice, new take on ice cream sandwiches!

6 Responses to Pumpkin Ice Cream

1. betty r November 13, 2008 at 10:45 am #

Oh my goodness Jeanine..I can tell this must taste amazing! Oh and to pair it up with gingersnaps..ahh such bliss..no other words left to say!!

2. betty r November 13, 2008 at 10:47 am #

Oh yes I do have one more thing to say..I have that same green bowl but alas no pumpkin ice cream in mine..hehe

3. Clumbsy Cookie November 13, 2008 at 2:49 pm #

Yep, that would so work for me! No need to eat ice cream with your pie, when you can eat pie with your ice cream!!!

4. Maggie November 14, 2008 at 2:20 pm #

I have been craving something like this. I have to find a way to convert it to a dairy-free recipe.

5. Kevin November 14, 2008 at 9:21 pm #

It seems that I stowed my ice cream maker a bit too soon. That looks really good!

6. foodaccordingtome November 15, 2008 at 11:15 am #

There’s always pumpkin ice cream in the stores around here about this time of year –– But none with bourbon in it. I imagine that particular addition makes your version even more delicious! Thanks for sharing!