I’m pretty sure these cookies have been posted here before. The thing is, I have never made no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies before. And with all these gluten-free oats on hand, I was wondering why not?? That’s right, this recipe doesn’t contain any wheat, just oats. And if you can get your hands on some certified gluten-free oats, it is a great little gluten-free snack. YUM! I know I’ll be making these again!
NOTE: I ordered my gluten-free oats (and other oat products) from Only Oats in Regina, SK. Perfectly packaged, quickly shipped, and will definitely order from them again.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (or chunky)
- 3-3 1/2 cups certified gluten-free quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Add the first four ingredients into a 4-quart sauce pan.
- Bring to a rolling boil and hold for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the next 3 ingredients and drop by tablespoons onto wax paper.
- Let cool until set.