The Daring Bakers get a Sugar Rush (Vanilla Bean Caramels)

I’m late! I’m late! For a Very Important Date!

That’s right, I’m late at posting my Daring Baker Challenge for November. We had such a busy birthday weekend, I didn’t get around to posting it on Saturday like I should have. I apologize, and without further ado, I will share the recipe with you that gave 1,000′s of bakers across the globe on a sugar rush. :)

This month’s challenge was hosted by Dolores with help from her trusty sidekicks Alex, Jenny, and for a little alternative baking help, Natalie. Thank you so much to you wonderful bakers, I really had a great time with these recipes that we had this month.

16 Responses to The Daring Bakers get a Sugar Rush (Vanilla Bean Caramels)

1. linda December 1, 2008 at 9:32 am #

Better late than not ;)
    Your cupcakes look beautiful and delicious!

2. April December 1, 2008 at 11:28 am #

Better late then never! The cupcakes look great, and I love the caramels!!

3. Audrey December 1, 2008 at 11:35 am #

That looks really yummy!! I have an award for you on my blog – come and get it!!

4. Cooking nurse December 1, 2008 at 1:43 pm #

Jeanine,your recipe very cool! Thanks!

5. Clumbsy Cookie December 1, 2008 at 4:05 pm #

Gorgeous caramels, they look perfect! Love the little vanilla dots! Cupcakes are cool too!

6. Gretchen Noelle December 1, 2008 at 11:16 pm #

Love the look of your caramels and cupcakes! What fun! Great job with the challenge!!

7. Regina December 2, 2008 at 12:59 am #

Your caramels turned out beautifully!

8. Alexa December 2, 2008 at 10:48 am #

Great job on the DB challenge! I made the frosting but it was too much for me, so I didn’t put it on there. Your cupcakes and caramels look stunning and delicious!

9. dolcigine December 2, 2008 at 5:02 pm #

your cupcakes look great!!! :-)

10. BC December 3, 2008 at 8:53 am #

Yahoo for this success! How did you get your icing that soft? I think I should have put more cream in mine.

11. Dolores December 4, 2008 at 5:12 pm #

Beautiful cupcakes… I love the peanut topping. I’m so glad you found the time to join us this month. Great job!

12. Trishy March 5, 2011 at 10:54 pm #

Hi, I just discovered this cake recipe and have to say this is the best recipe ever! My son is recently gluten free and also dairy free. These cakes work perfectly. Parents at his party couldn't believe they were gluten and dairy free. Today we had a friend over who has an egg allergy and they even work well with egg replacer. Awesome!
    I didn't bother doing the caramelised butter frosting (I wasn't sure if it would work non-dairy) but I made just a butter cream with dairy free margarine, golden syrup and icing sugar. It is delicious.
    Thanks for this recipe :)

13. Jeanine March 7, 2011 at 10:52 am #

@Trishy That is wonderful, Trishy! So glad to hear that you've had success changing things to dairy & egg free as well. That is awesome! Love when I hear about kids getting to be normal, that's what it's all about!

14. Nettie Moore December 9, 2013 at 9:43 pm #

I am trying your caramels, they look wonderful! Nettie

• Jeanine Friesen December 10, 2013 at 6:44 am #

Thanks, Nettie! I usually try to make a batch or two during the holidays, the never last long. in years past, my thermometer hasn’t worked properly – if it’s too soft in the end, I put it back in the pot & cook it a little longer (bring it back up to a boil). If it turns out rock hard, I put it back in the pot, slowly melt it, and add a little more cream to soften it up. (Too runny also makes fabulous caramel sauce) ;)

1. Simple Gluten-Free Treats That Anyone Can Make | The Baking Beauties - December 8, 2011

[...] Golden Vanilla Bean Caramels [...]