What a crazy few weeks we’ve had at our house! Between Christmas & now we’ve had everyone home from school/work, everyone getting back into routine, nieces & nephew here for sleepovers, beyond cold temps (was -37 degrees C this morning), colds & sore throats, and a very quick trip to IL and back (about 800 miles from here). So, with ALL of that behind me now, I thought I’d take a few minutes and give you all a new recipe to try out.
Jello Popcorn. I got this recipe from my friend Cynthia back in Jr. High. We’ve been making it every Christmas since, but it can be made year round. This popcorn actually reminds me of the fruit flavoured popcorns they sell at Kernels in the malls. You can make a variety of different colour & flavour combination by making multiple batches and varying the flavour of Jello that you use.
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 small package Jello (flavoured gelatin mix)
- 9 cups popped popcorn
- Combine honey & margarine in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until melted.
- Add sugar & Jello powder. Stir. Put in microwave and cook until it comes to a rolling boil (doubles in size).
- Pour over popcorn in a large bowl. Stir to coat.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees F for 1/2 hour, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Cool & break apart. Store in airtight container.