Our Chinese take-out at home wouldn’t be complete without a fried rice. My husband & I love the fried rice, but both kids would rather have a noodle dish. But, we really enjoyed this one. Next time, I think I will do less soy sauce though, it got a little bit stronger than we like it.
- 2 cups enriched white rice
- 4 cups water
- 2/3 cup chopped baby carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Gluten-free soy sauce to taste
- sesame oil, to taste (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine rice and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, boil carrots in water about 3 to 5 minutes. Drop peas into boiling water, and drain.
- Heat wok over high heat. Pour in oil, then stir in carrots and peas; cook about 30 seconds. Crack in eggs, stirring quickly to scramble eggs with vegetables. Stir in cooked rice. Shake in soy sauce, and toss rice to coat. Drizzle with sesame oil, and toss again.