No better way to round out our gluten-free Chinese “take-out” than with Lemon Chicken. This dish was super simple to prepare as well, and tasted fantastic. If gluten isn’t a problem for you, replace the rice flour with all purpose flour. You won’t be disappointed!
- 4 single chicken breast fillets
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 cup gluten-free chicken stock
- Using a meat mallet or your rolling pin, gently pound the chicken between sheets of cling-wrap until 1cm thick.
- Dip chicken in the beaten egg white and then coat in the rice flour. Shake off any excess flour.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frypan. Cook chicken until lightly browned on both sides and cooked through. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile- blend the cornstarch, brown sugar and the lemon juice in a small saucepan. Add the grated ginger, soy sauce and the stock. Bring the sauce to the boil and stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Slice the chicken,serve drizzled with the sauce and some extra lemon wedges or slices.