A Celiac friend of mine was in the hospital a while ago, and knowing that the food she was going to be getting there wasn’t going to be the greatest, I decided to bake her some cookies. Well, for her, for me, and for my husband, who has declared these gluten free Monster Cookies “VERY good cookies”.
As long as you can tolerate the gluten-free oats, you can add these cookies to your rotation, they have no flour in them, just rolled oats (and lots of other very yummy things too).
If you’re not sure where to get your GF oats, I ordered mine from a company called Only Oats out of Regina, SK. If you haven’t wanted to order the oats because of the extra cost of the gluten-free ones, don’t let that stop you. Once you add the oats to your cupboard, the number of things you can make increases greatly, and oats are really good for you, even if it is as a cooked cereal for breakfast (or supper at our house occasionally).
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup white sugar (or less)
- 1 teaspoon white corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup M&M’s (plain ones are gluten-free)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 4 1/2 cups gluten-free certified quick cook oats
- Mix in order given. Drop by tablespoonful onto pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.