These quick, yet delicious, Peanut Butter Oat Bars can be made with gluten-free oats, or regular oats. I purposely made these with regular oats, because I did not want to be tempted by them. I’m trying to watch what I eat a bit more, and according to my families reactions, this is the kind of recipe that you can’t have “just one”, everyone went back for seconds (or thirds).
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups certified gluten-free quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Combine butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Add oats.
- Press in greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Melt topping ingredients together and apply to warm bars.
- Allow to cool before cutting.