Yum…I’m not sure what else to say about these Salisbury steaks. They were SO good, flavourful, moist, and quick to make, that I will definitely be making them again!
- 1 package of Lipton onion soup mix (always read the labels, make sure they are gluten-free)
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry gluten-free bread crumbs or crushed cereal (Chex or Rice Krispies work well)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black ground pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- Combine onion soup mix and hot water in a dish & let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a huge bowl, mix together 1/3 cup of the onion soup mixture with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Shape into 6 oval patties.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of patties. Pour of excess fat.
- In a small bowl, blend cornstarch and remaining soup mixture until smooth. Mix in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder. Pour over meat in skillet. Cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Source: Based on a recipe from AllRecipes