Time for something sweet! This Snickers pie was delicious! If you keep some gluten-free chocolate crumbs on hand in the freezer, like I do, it doesn’t take much longer than using a pre-made shell. Plus, instead of getting two pies, I got one large 10″ cake, made in a springform pan.
NOTES: I did use low-fat cream cheese & low-fat Cool Whip with great results, and it also cut back on some of the calories.
Chocolate Crumb Crust
- 2 cups gluten-free chocolate crumbs (see above)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- In a bowl combine all ingredients;, mix well to combine.
- Press into the bottom & up the sides of a 10″ springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Fill as desired.
Easy Snickers Bar Pie
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter or chunky peanut butter
- 4 regular size Snickers candy bars, chopped (reserve one for sprinkling on top of the finished cake)
- 16 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- Caramel sauce for drizzling on top (optional)
- Chocolate Crumb Crust (see above)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter until creamy.
- Stir in chopped candy bars
- Gently fold in the Cool Whip just until mixed.
- Pour into crusts and refrigerate overnight.
NOTE: This recipe makes 2 pies or 1 cake made in a springform pan.
Sources: Based on recipes from Recipezaar