I’m loving lemons lately. What’s the say…when life gives you lemons, make lemonade? Well, I’ve done that already, so I figured I’d give some new recipes a try.
This Gluten-free Lemon Custard Pudding Cake was simple, quick to put together & tasted fantastic. It made a nice cake on top, with a creamy lemon custard on the bottom. We served ours warm dusted with some confectioners’ sugar. Delicious!
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons rice flour mix (see NOTE below)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ (icing) sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 2 quart baking dish. Separate eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour mixture, butter, and 1 cup of the white sugar.
- Beat the egg yolks and add to the sugar mixture along with the milk and lemon zest. Mix well and add the lemon juice.
- In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff, slowly adding the remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Fold the egg whites into the batter. Pour batter into the prepared dish.
- Place the dish in a shallow pan of hot water and bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or chilled with confectioners’ sugar dusted on top.