This recipe was submitted by my Mom. It is a fantastic twist to a regular jello salad. The flavours are really great, and the sour cream doesn’t make it sour, but rather, makes it very creamy. Delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package unflavoured gelatin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large container Cool Whip, defrosted
- 1 can blueberry or cherry pie filling (I used sliced strawberries and glaze)
- Boil together water, sugar and gelatin.
- Add vanilla and sour cream. Allow to cool.
- Add Cool Whip and mix thoroughly. Let stand 2-4 hours.
- Then add topping of either cherry or blueberry pie filling.