With the warm weather approaching, I wanted to use up any stewing beef I had in my freezer. Since I don’t make much stew in summer, and didn’t want it sitting there until fall, I looked for a recipe that used the stewing beef cut, but wasn’t stew. This Sweeper Steak is a simple, quick recipe that fit the bill! Plus, the fact that it was cooked in the slow cooker, meant that I could spend time outside while it was inside baking & getting nice and tender. Perfect!
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans gluten-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry gluten-free onion soup mix
- 1 cup gluten-free beef broth
- Grease the crock pot bowl with the sesame oil.
- Place the beef, cream of mushroom soup, soup mix and beef broth into the prepared slow-cooker and stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Serve this over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes. There is plenty of sauce to be used as gravy.