Alright, time to celebrate! It is the weekend. The house is SOLD! AND, I’m posting more than one recipe this week! Yeah!
I’ve never tried a Sangria before, but a friend of mine made me some candles in this scent, and I LOVE them. I’m not a fan of wine, so I wasn’t sure I was going to like this. But, since I mix my Sangria with Sprite right before drinking, it is actually a nice drink to sit on the deck on a hot summer day & enjoy.
Kick back and enjoy the weekend with the Perfect Sangria. (But be responsible, these are pretty boozy if you don’t add the carbonated water/Sprite).
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of dry red wine
- 1/2 cup triple sec (or Grand Marnier)
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup white sugar (optional)
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 2 cups carbonated water (optional, I omitted this)
- In a large pitcher or bowl, mix together the brandy, lemon juice, lemonade concentrate, orange juice, red wine, triple sec and sugar. Float slices of lemon, orange and lime, and maraschino cherries in the mixture. Refrigerate overnight for best flavour. For a fizzy sangria, add club soda (I do Sprite) just before serving.