Gluten Free Pumpkin Roll

Gluten-free Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling | The Baking Beauties

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian readers! I hope you guys are all having a fantastic weekend with friends, family & of course…food. ;)

We had a gathering yesterday,and I brought this gluten free Pumpkin Roll for one of the desserts (sorry for the poor picture, that’s what happens when you try to get a picture before everyone eats it). :) Everyone really liked it, and the taste & texture was anything but gluten free. I had never made a roll before, and was especially worried trying to make a gluten free roll, as gluten things like to fall apart & crack, but this worked like a charm! I will definitely be giving more rolls a try now.

You can find the recipe over at Gluten-Free Homemaker.

26 Responses to Gluten Free Pumpkin Roll

1. genesis October 12, 2009 at 11:03 am #

You're making me hungry! Welcome back to the internet! Happy Thanksgiving!

2. Jeanine October 12, 2009 at 11:08 am #

Thanks, Genesis! If you'd want to make the roll, sub the gf flour with regular all purpose flour, and omit the xanthan gum. I bet you wish it was thanksgiving already, huh? :)

3. Eliana October 12, 2009 at 1:59 pm #

This is the perfect fall treat. It looks great.

4. Susan October 12, 2009 at 2:07 pm #

Jeanine brought this dessert to our gathering yesterday and I can verify that it was delicious…thanks Jeanine..you can bring dessert anytime :0)

5. Katy October 12, 2009 at 2:46 pm #

I am amazed that this can be done GF!
    Looks absolutely indulgent!
    Yum!

6. Tasty Eats At Home October 13, 2009 at 8:18 am #

This looks great! Definitely bookmarking!

7. Bryn October 13, 2009 at 9:20 am #

I haven't had one of these in YEARS!! I'm going to make it this year. thanks for sharing your recipe. I'M SO EXCITED!

8. Lauren October 13, 2009 at 9:51 am #

Thanksgiving was wonderful, and these look delicious! I love the filling, and the nuts in the roll Yum!

9. Ruth's Photo Blog October 14, 2009 at 2:48 pm #

I have just spent some time browsing through your blog and see lots of yummy stuff.Susan,as I am also from Manitoba,we do not live that far apart.I want too just let you know I appreciate your comments left on my blog.
    Blessings,Ruth

10. The Gluten-free 'Dish' October 14, 2009 at 4:34 pm #

I'm glad you are baking again! It's good to see you are back!

11. betty r October 15, 2009 at 9:40 pm #

I can never have too much pumpkin and this does look delicious.

12. Terry Lynn October 16, 2009 at 7:52 am #

Welcome back to your blog, Jeanine!

I actually made this same roll last week but of course, not GF. It was fantastic and Ian gobbled it up VERY quickly!

13. Sophie October 16, 2009 at 1:01 pm #

So awesome that you made this gf! Looks delicious. The filling…yum.

It's good to have you back :).

14. Christie November 15, 2009 at 7:52 pm #

Just made this yesterday.
    FANTASTIC!!!! My family LOVED it and couldn't even tell it was GF.
    thanks so much :)

15. Anonymous December 1, 2009 at 12:41 am #

I made this for Thanksgiving and for another meeting tonight…everyone, even my sister who avoids everything gluten-free, went back for seconds!

Thank you so much for this amazing recipe!

16. Jeanine January 6, 2010 at 3:15 pm #

so glad that everyone else is having success with this recipe as well. :) It's nice when no one knows they're eating gluten free, isn't it? I don't even bother saying "oh, that's gluten-free" anymore. I just put it out, make sure I can at least get a piece of my own dessert, and then share with the rest, who have no idea what they're actually eating. lol

17. Kassie September 24, 2010 at 2:44 pm #

This looks delicious :) I don't know if I can afford to make anything gluten free.. didn't realize it was so expensive! .. but wanted to try it for our pastor's wife, and this looks too good to pass up :)

18. Anonymous October 15, 2010 at 8:32 pm #

My sister and niece make these every year and I have REALLY missed them, now that I'm gluten free. I will definitely give them a try. Thanks to my sister for finding your site, it looks wonderful:)

19. Sandy F. September 15, 2011 at 6:27 am #

Since I can’t have dairy, soy or gluten, is there a substitute I could use for the filling?

• Jeanine September 15, 2011 at 6:39 am #

Hi Sandy! When I was in a GF Bakery last month, they topped the carrot cake with a simple dairy free vanilla frosting, for those that could not have the cream cheese frosting. I think that would be the best bet, since most dairy free cream cheese products are full of soy. I think a recipe like this one would work quite well. It won’t be the same, but still quite good. http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/vegetarian-recipes/vanilla-buttercream-frosting.php

• Sandy F. September 15, 2011 at 6:58 am #

That sounds great! Thanks. I used to use the Tofutti cream cheese, but in the last year have had to cut out soy, so that’s out. I’ll just use LOTS of icing. :)

• Jeanine September 15, 2011 at 7:06 am #

i think it’ll work alright. It’ll make it sort of like a pumpkin swiss roll. Doesn’t sound too bad either. ;)

• Sandy F. October 4, 2011 at 2:46 pm #

I tried this today to make sure it would work for Thanksgiving, and I haven’t tasted it yet, but it cracked quite a bit when I re-rolled it after put the icing in the middle. Any thought?

• Jeanine October 4, 2011 at 3:02 pm #

Hmm…I’m not sure why it would crack, I didn’t have that problem. Did you make any changes to the cake recipe? How long did you let it cool before re-wrapping it?

• Sandy F. October 4, 2011 at 4:51 pm #

I let it cool about 45 minutes – perhaps I was too anxious…. :) We just tasted it, though, and it is delicious.

1. Pumpkin Round-Up | The Baking Beauties - September 30, 2011

[...] with whipped cream, but it would be SO good with maple cream cheese glaze drizzled down it too. Pumpkin Roll – this has the cream cheese frosting all wrapped up in a neat little package. So delicious! [...]