I was looking for a side dish the other day, that I could make relatively quickly, but tasted great. This one was definitely the right thing! I’ve never tried making a baked bean dish that was canned beans “kicked up” a notch, but I know I will be doing it again. I used Bush Beans, which, if you check their FAQ page, you will see are gluten free, dairy & casein free. (Some of their beans are not gluten-free, be sure to read all the labels!)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans gluten-free baked beans (with pork if preferred)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I may do 1/3 cup next time)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 tsp gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices bacon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9×9-inch baking dish, combine the beans, brown sugar, onion, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with the bacon slices (optional).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, or until sauce is thickened and bacon is cooked.
Source: All Recipes