Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Author: Jeanine Friesen
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 cup sugar (I did 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar)
- 1 large egg
- water - amount varies, start with 1 tablespoon and add as needed
- Measure and mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream together the peanut butter, sugar & egg in a mixer until fluffy. Add reserved dry ingredients and mix into a crumbly dough.
- Add water, 1 Tbsp at a time, allowing the water to be fully incorporated before adding any more until dough comes together to form a ball. (This step is required to account for variations in the texture of different brands of peanut butter).
- Form dough into 1-inch balls, or use a small ice cream-type scoop. Press dough flat with the tines of a fork for traditional looking cookies.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool before handling.