After attending the Celiac Foundation’s gluten free Food Faire back in June, I blogged about Udi’s bread. Seriously, really, really good stuff. The fine folks at Udi’s read that post, and decided to send me a wonderful package of goodies. Seriously, it was like Christmas. SO GOOD! The package contained pizza crust, Double Chocolate muffins, a loaf of Whole Grain bread, and Lemon Struesel muffins. They asked if I could post a few recipes using these goodies in the recipes. I had contemplated using the muffins in recipes, but then was afraid those recipes would fail, and I would be out muffins. So, the muffins I put in the freezer to enjoy as time went on.
This is my favorite muffin. The double chocolate muffin. It is FANTASTIC! Such a great texture & flavour. Warmed up in the microwave, it is amazing. Mmm…
Everyone brags about how you don’t have to toast Udi’s bread. And that’s true. Very true. You can have a fantastic sandwich without having to toast it. However, if you do decide to toast it, you will be amazed! This bread toasts up fantastically. There is no need to double toast it (which I find I have to do with the bread I bake myself), and it browns up just like regular toast. So, I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich. Nothing fancy here, just some margarine spread on the outside of the bread, and some cheese slices in the middle. But, I haven’t had a grilled cheese sandwich in over 2 years, since going gluten free. This was such a delight to have for lunch. So simple, but so good!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 12 slices Udi’s bread
- Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot.