Now onto the pancakes: With the cooler weather, all things with pumpkin and the warm spices are always welcome. The smell along will warm you up and make you feel all cozy on the inside. What better way to start the day than with gluten free pumpkin pancakes. They are quick, simple, yet seasonal. We topped ours with just regular maple flavoured pancake syrup, but you could fancy them up with some cinnamon whipped cream. That would be fantastic.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine milk, pumpkin puree, egg, oil, and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, xanthan gum, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture, stirring just enough to combine.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Scoop batter onto hot frying pan, using approximately 1/4 cup per pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Now onto the giveaway!
Some of you may remember, a while back one of my recipes was published in a cookbook, Foodista’s Best of Food Blogs Cookbook. The kind folks at Simon & Schuster Canada have given me a copy of this book to give away to one of you! You can either keep it for yourself, or give it as a gift for Christmas, the choice is yours. Not all the recipes in this book are gluten-free, but there are a number of them, so there is something for everyone.
All you have to be entered to win is leave a comment here, telling me your favorite Christmas morning breakfast.
The contest is now closed, thanks to all that entered!