The Best Gluten-Free Chicken Fingers (Baked, not Fried!)
Author: Jeanine Friesen
- Approx. 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup buttermilk (I did 1 cup milk with 1 Tbsp lemon juice)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups gluten-free cornflakes, crushed (I used Nature's Path Mesa Sunrise, make sure your cornflakes aren't sweetened)
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH paprika, cayenne, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips. Soak in buttermilk for about 30 minutes. Then drain.
- In a shallow dish, mix egg whites and water. Set aside.
- In another shallow dish, mix crushed cornflakes, Parmesan cheese, and spices. Set aside.
- Dip drained chicken, one strip at a time, into egg/water mixture, then into crumb mixture, until totally coated. Place chicken strip on parchment lined baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until done (cooking time will vary based on the size of the chicken strips).