I love cookies.
And I love quick, simple recipes.
This recipe for gluten-free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Drops, is all 3 things, rolled up into one tasty little no-bake cookie. I’ve made a No-Bake Cookie in the past that were chocolate, but when I saw this one, it caught my eye. It had peanut butter, but no chocolate in it. I think it would be great with some chopped salted peanuts added to it as well (next time). These cookies, although they contain peanut butter, actually have a caramel flavour to them, at least that’s what we all tasted. Give them a try, and let me know your thoughts.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Gluten-Free certified quick cook oats
- Line 2 baking sheets with waxed paper, set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, milk, and salt. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Without stirring, let mixture boil for 3 minutes. Immediately remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until peanut butter has melted.
- Quickly stir in oats, mix well.
- Working quickly, drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Allow to cool and become firm, about 30 minutes.