Author: Jeanine Friesen
Recipe type: Appetizer
This bright, refreshing soup is perfect for those hot summer days. It comes together in a matter of minutes, since it uses canned tomatoes, and the cream cheese adds a whole new dimension to the soup. It makes it taste more like a cooked soup, without all the work.
- 19 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 4 ounces Garden Vegetable cream cheese
- 19 ounces small diced tomatoes with olive oil and garlic
- 3/4 small green pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 long cucumber, seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (plus 1 Tbsp for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups of tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (to drizzle on top before serving)
- In a food processor or blender, combine crushed tomatoes and Garden Vegetable cream cheese until smooth. Pour into large bowl, and set aside.
- Add diced tomatoes with olive oil and garlic, green pepper and onion to food processor. Process until a desired consistency. Pour into bowl with crushed tomatoes and cream cheese.
- Pulse the cucumber in the food processor until chopped fairly fine, but not mushy. Add to tomato mixture.
- Add vinegar, parsley, cilantro, paprika and cayenne pepper to the tomato mixture. Stir to combine.
- Stir tomato juice into the vegetable mixture, you can add up to 3 cups, if you want a thinner soup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill for 30-45 minutes. Serve chilled. Before serving, drizzle the top with olive oil, and garnish with fresh chopped parsley or cilantro.