Another of my dessert entries for the Real Women of Philadelphia contest. I ‘think’ this may have been the family favorite that week. We all LOVED this Gluten Free Creamy Cookie Pizza, the flavour was AMAZING! This is the one thing that I know I could have made right away again, and my family would have gobbled it up in a matter of days. So yummy, and so pretty with all the coloured candy, and drizzled chocolates and caramel. *sigh* I wish I had a piece right now!
Whatever toppings you plan on using, be sure they are gluten-free!
Oh. My. Goodness. This dessert was so great. If I ever open a cafe, this is definitely going on the list of baked goodies I’ll be selling. A fantastic chewy chocolate chip oatmeal cookie on the bottom, with a sweetened creamy layer of cream cheese ‘sauce’, topped with toasted nuts, candies, coconut, caramel sauce and drizzled with two kinds of chocolate. My family can not wait until I make this again (and neither can I!).
Gluten Free Creamy Cookie Pizza
Author: Jeanine Friesen
A large Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza – use your favorite toppings, just be sure they are all gluten-free.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose Gluten-Free Flour (see NOTE)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup gluten-free Quick Cook oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup M&M Candies
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup white chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the butter and brown sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Add the gluten-free flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and gluten-free oats. Stir until well combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed in the dough. Place dough in a lightly greased pizza pan. Place plastic wrap over the dough, and press dough evenly over the bottom of the pizza pan. Bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes.
- While the cookie is baking, mix the cream cheese “sauce”. In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Toast the almond slivers and coconut in a frying pan over medium heat. Keep stirring the mixture until it is a light golden colour, and smells nutty. Remove from frying pan as soon as the nuts and coconut are a light golden colour. Set aside.
- Once the cookie has baked, remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Once the cookie has cooled, spread the cream cheese “sauce” over the cookie pizza. Sprinkle the top of the pizza with the toasted almonds and coconut and M&M’s. Drizzle with caramel sauce and melted semi-sweet and white chocolate.
- Cut into wedges, and serve. Cookie can be refrigerated for 1 day (longer if not using the M&M candies).
Gluten-Free Flour Blend – 4 cups superfine brown rice flour, 1 1/3 cups potato starch (not flour), 2/3 cup tapioca starch. Combine all ingredients in a large zipper-top bag. Shake until well blended.