I do still have a few more cream cheese recipes to share with you, but today I bring you a great muffin recipe instead. Enjoy!
Not with these Gluten-free Mega Mango Muffins though! They baked up beautifully, stayed that way, tasted great, and were moist for days. It’s times like that when I stop in mid bite and think to myself “Hold it…is this gluten-free?”. It always is, but it’s nice when the baked goodie is so normal, you start to doubt yourself.
What is your favorite flavour of muffin to have with your morning coffee or afternoon snack?
- 2 cup all purpose gluten-free flour blend (see NOTE)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 mangoes, peeled, seeded and pureed (leave some chunks though, about 1 1/3 cup total)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Whisk together the apple sauce, oil, sugar, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla and pureed mango.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, just until moistened. Stir in the raisins, walnuts if using, and coconut.
- Scoop or spoon into prepared muffin tins (I like using different size cookie scoops for different sized pans). Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (or 15 minutes for mini muffins), or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and allow to stand for 5 minutes before removing from baking pan to wire rack to cool completely. Store cooled muffins in an air tight container on the counter. Muffins also freeze very well.