Gluten-Free Summer Berry No-Bake Cheese Cupcake
Author: Jeanine Friesen
These little no-bake cupcakes are so adorable, and so quick and easy to put together.
- 1 1/2 cups pink moulding wafers (or a colour of your preference)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 litre Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 24 pink or red jelly beans (to garnish)
- Place moulding wafers in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Using the back of a spoon, or a small pastry brush, coat the inside of 24 mini-muffin liners with the melted moulding wafers, being sure to coat the sides and the bottom. These will become your edible cupcake liner, so be sure it is thick enough that it will not break. Place the coated muffin liners in a mini muffin tin, and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, or stand mixer, combine the softened cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and Cool Whip until smooth. Fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Once the edible cupcake liners have set up in the fridge, remove them and carefully tear the paper liner away from the pink edible liner. Repeat until all 24 are complete.
- Using either 2 small spoons, or a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip, fill the edible cupcake liners with the cream cheese/Cool Whip/strawberry mixture. Mound the filling, making them look like little cupcakes. Top with a pink or red jelly bean.
- Serve immediately, or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.