Gluten-Free Cake Pops!

Gluten-free Cake Pops | The Baking Beauties
First off, I have been meaning to make cake pops ever since Bakerella was on Martha Stewart with them. Seriously, it’s been that long! Actually, it was those mini cupcake looking cake pops that first got me interested in them. I have the cutter, I’ve had it for a few years, but I just haven’t taken the time to make them yet. They seem a little…well, time consuming. Not sure if I have the patience for it.

But, I did finally get around to making some cake pops. And yes, these are gluten-free. Aren’t they cute? I made them for the last day of school. The beginning of our summer freedom. Hot days splashing in the pool or coloing off under the sprinkler. Staying up late(r). Camping. Gardening. Trips to the library. Hanging out with neighbor kids. Sleepover at Grandparent’s house. It’s all so much better in summer. Ah…I love summer – And gluten-free cake pops.

Gluten-free Cake Pops | The Baking Beauties
We made up a little “bouquet” of these cake pops for our bus driver on the last day of school. A cute, edible bouquet that doesn’t need any watering. Nice.

So, here are some very basic instructions on how I made them. I am no professional, I merely a Mom that wanted to have a fun summery snack for her kids. :)

Now, if you’ve accomplished the simple, round, sprinkled version, maybe you should move up to the more advanced decorating. It is absolutely AMAZING what some people can do with a little cake, frosting and moulding wafers. Unreal!

You can also watch Angie make Cake Pops on Youtube afterall, a picture is worth a thousand words.

(This is where I saw the idea for flower cake pops, Stephanie does amazing work, and lives where I grew up! I used to work with her husband, years ago.)

, ,

8 Responses to Gluten-Free Cake Pops!

1. The Gluten-free 'Dish' July 19, 2011 at 9:03 am #

You are amazing, girl! I think you have more patience than I do to make these. ;) They are beautiful!!

2. Sarah July 19, 2011 at 9:14 pm #

These are gorgeous! That is one lucky person to get such a beautiful flowering bouquet!

3. Laureen July 20, 2011 at 6:39 pm #

Hi Jeanine, your cake pops are so adorable. I've always look longingly at the cake pops I see in bakeries and coffee shops but I've never been able to try them because of the gluten…now I can have my cake pops and eat em too…haha
    Thanks for sharing!
    Laureen

4. Jeanine - The Baking Beauties July 25, 2011 at 10:53 am #

Thanks, everyone!
    These really didn't take too long to make, and they can easily be made the day (or two) ahead, because the cake will not dry out, it's coated in chocolate! :)
    Thank you, Sarah, I hope she enjoyed them.
    Thanks, Laureen! Definitely give some a try, they are actually pretty easy to make (and way bigger than the Starbucks ones too). ;)

5. Eliana July 28, 2011 at 5:37 am #

Awwww – these cake pops are some of the cutest I have ever seen. And they look super delicious too.

6. Jeanine - The Baking Beauties July 28, 2011 at 7:48 am #

@Eliana, Thank you, Eliana! :)

7. Angie Halten September 15, 2011 at 7:10 pm #

Adorable! Cake on a stick – it just can’t get any better!

1. Dublin Dragonflies, County Cork Cake Pops, Lil’ Leprechauns and Emerald Isle Cakes | g-free kid - March 12, 2012

[…] Flower-inspired cake pops from The Baking Beauties […]