With it now officially being Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere (and at Starbucks), I know that a lot of people will be doing a lot of baking with pumpkin. One of the ingredients that very often accompanies pumpkin is pumpkin pie spice. But, don’t fret, you don’t need to run out and buy an expensive little tin of pumpkin pie spice, you can easily make your own from spices that you may already have in your pantry at home! The smells of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cloves is enough to warm your house by 5 degrees on a chilly day. Don’t believe me? You’ll just have to try it yourself then!
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Measure all spices into a small jar. Place the lid on the jar and shake, shake, shake until all of the spices are well blended.
- This recipe can be multiplied for a larger batch, or cut in half for a smaller amount.
- Store in an airtight container in a dark, dry place. Use in any recipes calling for "Pumpkin Pie Spice".