If you have been reading here for a while, you will know that I really love pancakes and waffles. Thank goodness the kids do too, they would never turn down pancakes or waffles, whether it be for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
These waffles had a great gingerbread flavour, but because of the molasses in the batter, you have to be sure to grease your waffle iron. Mine is a non-stick iron, but these still wanted to hold onto the griddle a little. So, have your spray bottle of oil ready when making these.
Although you could serve these gingerbread waffles with a cinnamon whipped cream, the pear sauce really adds a great flavour. Maybe you could still serve the cinnamon whipped cream on top of the pear sauce. Mmm…
- 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour (see note)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until blended.
- Spoon into preheated waffle iron and cook according to manufacturers’ instructions. Serve topped with pear sauce.
- In a mediums saucepan, combine the pears and the water. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the pears can be easily mashed with a fork.
- Add the lemon juice, maple syrup and brandy. Stir well. Serve over Gingerbread Waffles.